Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ceramics Project

The Ceramics Project

 



The medium of my project was mainly clay, clear glaze, and brown slip to paint with. My bowl was medium sized maybe on the larger size compared to most normal bowls. The design element most stressed in this project was the radial designs. Which are designs that start from the middle and move outwards. There were two techniques you could choose from and they were the slump or the hump mold used to form your clay like a bowl. Personally I chose the hump mold meaning I put my slab of clay on top of an upside down bowl and the it fall and form itself. I learned alot from this project. The most importatnt thing I learned was how to make a radial design because it can be used in alot of different kinds of art. If I were to change the project I would allow myself to you different color glazes instead of just clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment